Skin Care & Rejuvenation Treatments in Chicago
Our licensed skin aesthetician Norma oversees the majority of our non-invasive "Afterglow" Skin Rejuvenation Services. Our skin care treatments can include exfoliation, chemical peels, or gentle laser skin resurfacing for Chicago and North Shore residents.
The cornerstone of our mechanical skin resurfacing services is the Régenique™ Skin Rejuvenation System. This treatment employs ultrasound energy to help exfoliate dead skin cells, loosen oil, dirt and cellular debris from the follicular layers, and stimulate deeper collagen-based layers. Pores and fine lines/wrinkles will diminish in size and bacterial levels are reduced, to achieve a cleaner, healthier complexion without redness or irritation.
The Régenique™ Skin Rejuvenation System is an enjoyable, spa-like experience which is gentle, non-invasive, safe and suitable for all skin types, and takes about 45 minutes. This 3-step process specifically utilizes microdermabrasion to exfoliate dead or dried layers of skin, followed by ultrasound therapy to stimulate the deeper collagen, elastin and fibroblast components of the dermis. The final step features a warm silicone face mask as a third component to super-hydrate the skin, leach away toxins and debris via perspiration, and simultaneously dilate the pores to facilitate the deeper absorption of skin care products. Even the most sensitive skin will benefit from these treatments and there is virtually no downtime. For the very best results we recommend a series of treatments.
A Chicago microdermabrasion treatment on its own can also benefit virtually any skin type. This is a non-invasive procedure during which fine crystals help exfoliate dead skin cells, which are then micro-vacuumed away along with the crystals. Microdermabrasion revitalizes dull skin, diminishes fine lines, wrinkles and acnes scars, reduces large pores and helps minimize mild pigment irregularities. Again, best results for both of these microdermabrasion-based procedures are generally achieved following a series of treatments.
Chemical peels in Chicago are chemical-based methods of skin resurfacing, generally better suited to acneiform scarring or oilier skin types. Chemical peels help clear acne-based lesions and scarring, minimize pigmentation irregularities, and decrease fine lines and wrinkles by promoting collagen tightening and formation, ultimately yielding firmer, brighter and more evenly-toned skin. The chemical peels we offer include:
- The V.I.Peel is a highly efficient (often single-treatment) 20-minute peel that improves the tone, texture and clarity of the skin. This is our lightest, most affordable peel, but it can still improve skin clarity, reduce areas of hyperpigmentation/melasma, and soften fine lines and wrinkles. Results are usually noticed within days. This peel is most effective when complemented by the ViDerm line of take-home products.
- The Micro-Peel is an exfoliating procedure with virtually no recovery time. This three-step process utilizes a moderate-strength glycolic acid to remove a micro-thin top layer of skin. Dead cellular layers are exfoliated, as this treatment improves texture and makes the skin more uniform in color.
- Micro-Peel Plus is a more powerful exfoliating procedure that stimulates cellular turnover, and is excellent for treating acne-prone, hypersensitive and hyperpigmented skin. It involves cleansing/de-greasing of the skin, followed by the application of salicylic acid, which results in a moderate stinging sensation. Your skin will be left feeling and looking radiant.
- Pigment Balancing Masque – This treatment targets discoloration to improve the uneven appearance of blotchy, irregularly pigmented skin. The Masque combines potent brightening and anti-inflammatory agents to accelerate cell renewal and diminish uneven skin tone.
- Gel Peel GS – A combination of glycolic and lactic acid work together to exfoliate and rehydrate the skin, reducing irritation and dryness. By accelerating the cell renewal process, stimulating collagen synthesis and improving elastin fibers in the dermis, this light chemical peel revitalizes sun-damaged skin and helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This hydrating peel is especially suited for people with photo-damaged or dry skin.
- Glycolic acid peels are available in varying strengths to achieve different degrees of penetration, depending upon your skin type and desired results. This relatively quick and comfortable procedure provides a controlled and predictable removal of devitalized surface skin cells, stimulating skin renewal. Generally this is a lighter peel (relative to TCA peels), which requires a series of treatments to obtain optimal results.
Patients with more severe complexion issues may need to undergo a series of peels (usually utilizing glycolic acid) which can help reverse the cumulative effects of sun damage.
Norma, our licensed aesthetician, also offers customized facials for our Chicago-area patients, designed to address your individual skin concerns. These generally include deep-pore cleansing and hydration to tone and moisturize your skin, and minimize of the effects of sun damage and/or rosacea.
Our facials utilize medical-grade products and are relaxing 30-60 minutes sessions that involve a skin consultation/analysis, cleansing, exfoliation/extractions, light massage and moisturizing. Antioxidant and proteolytic enzyme facials use pharmaceutical-grade levels of vitamin C products to further reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, age spots and hyperpigmentation.
- The Régenique™ facial (detailed above) is a three-step process utilizing microdermabrasion, ultrasound energy and a warm, hydrating mask.
- Vitamin C facials feature a luxurious mask rich in Vitamin C and amino acids, which exfoliates the skin while defending against free radical attacks. This unique mask (available through medical professionals only) is designed to tighten and detoxify the skin, in combination with a facial that hydrates and calms your skin. This is ideal for minimizing sensitivity and erythema (redness) of the skin.
Your Next Step
Norma will gladly guide you through the many excellent options available for your skin care and rejuvenation needs. She will also formulate an at-home treatment plan most appropriate for your skin type.
Skin evaluations and treatments are by appointment only in our Lake Forest office. Norma is happy to see patients for med spa treatments from Chicago, Lake Forest and all over the North Shore, who may not yet be ready for facial plastic surgery, but are interested in non-invasive skin rejuvenation. Please call The Center for Cosmetic Surgery at (303) 278-2600 or request a consultation online.